Dr. said 1 beer a day will help production? What do you think?

I was told 1 beer a day will help production of milk. I have been drinking a coors light ALMOST everyday since. It is just one beer, and it is a light beer. (more water) It has helped the production. She has no changed behavior, or temperament.I was told bt more than one doctor... What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I to was told that beer helps with the let down. I had a beer when I started nursing. I never noticed any effects in the baby either.
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 1:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I know it is confusing....
    Anonymous

• and I enjoyed the beer...:P
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 1:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I found this:
    interesting
    Anonymous

• http://www.kellymom.com/health/lifestyle/alcohol.html
    Anonymous

• I was told the same, but I cannot drink, so I never was able to try it. However, my friend drank a glass of red wine right after her last night feeding and she said her milk increased. Her doctor told her beer, or red wine, would help.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Are you being serious in thinking beer could be helpful in Breastfeeding? No it isn't!
    Sunshine1723

Answer by Sunshine1723 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I was told the same thing by 2 different doctors. There isn't enough alcohol in 1 beer to filter through your blood stream and actually harm the baby. My advice would be to try it and see if it helps---if it doesn't then stop. And if you don't feel comfortable trying it at all then don't!
    kgcmomma

Answer by kgcmomma at 1:58 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• It is actually the brewers yeast in beer and only imported dark beers contain enough to actually help. I'm currently bfing my 5th (bf all the others as well). IMPO I would rather just find some brewers yeast and add it to my food or eat more oatmeal, etc than risk the alcohol.
    I would suggest trying oatmeal for a few days along with upping your water intake and not using the pacifier as much. I would bet you will see a difference in 2-3 days. If not then add some mother's milk tea to the equation and/or some fenugreek.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 2:10 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• The malt liquors are enriching..just one!
    s.c.a.r.l.e.t.

Answer by s.c.a.r.l.e.t. at 2:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2008