• In the Spotlight:

A lot of outrage very little information

Am I the only one on here who's seen these. People morally "outraged" at a topic because of what they "heard" from someone or saw on tv but have done no research on themselves. I see it all the time. People fervently argue a point and get their butt handed to them because they have no CLUE what they are upset over but they stay upset even after being proven wrong time and time again. I just don't understand how you get so mad about a subject you know nothing about

sexy_with_5

Asked by sexy_with_5 at 9:29 AM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Care to provide a specific subject?
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:32 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• OP--
    So, you're morally outraged at the people who are morally outraged about things you don't even know they are really clueless about, yet assume they know nothing about?

Or something like that.

Huh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Yeah, I know when I get morally ouraged it's about stuff I don't know anything about.
    rjsudler

Answer by rjsudler at 9:38 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Not too sure what you are talking about here.......
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 9:38 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I get morally outraged when someone posts a silly question,simply to start drama,and doesn't specify what in the world they are talking about!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• How are we to really know what others really know? Perhaps they just have an opinion that is different from yours? Some people focus on one part of a story that is important to how they feel, and that can effect their opinion of said subject drastically from others. Ever thought of that?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:47 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• And to the OP

Where do you get your highly coveted information that the rest of us "clueless people" are apparently not privy too? LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• And so the drama starts. It's a vague topic because it's a broad subject. Take your pick from the campaigns with people being upset over things about Obama only to be proven wrong. To the things he's done now to stem cell research to information on adoption and the numbers that are actually out there to sex education to drugs. Take your pic. seriously it's time to grow up. If you don't see it don't comment. There are women on this site who get all worked up in a frenzy over topics that they don't know a hill of beans about. Seems to me that the first 7 people who answered are more drama seekers than anything else. Nothing better to do this morning huh
    sexy_with_5

Answer by sexy_with_5 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Op I agree with you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Oh and the reason I know they are morally outraged and don't know what they are talking about is because they TEND to throw out misinformation that points to the fact that they don't know what the hell they are talking about. It's called a debate. Look up the concept when you have the time. That's normally how you can tell that they don't know what they are talking about. They can't back up their argument and when they do they back it up with wrong information. It's really not a hard concept to understand. Well at least not for some. LOL
    sexy_with_5

Answer by sexy_with_5 at 10:05 AM on Jan. 25, 2009