HOW DO I LEARN TO LET GO!

This is for all the moms . In 2006 I lost my son to SIDS. This has completely destroyed my life I don't work anymore and I can't get past the pain. Depression is an obvious side effect but I think I've lost touch with the real world. How do I let go so that I can get back to normal life? I don't think I can do this much longer!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• First of all, Don't let go,why should you.who says you have to get back to "normal" after losing your child.There are things that you need to do to get on with your life. Grieve, get angry. then learn to live with what you have lost.learn to deal with the pain in any way that you can. Your way may not be someone elses way,but, who cares. I will say that a church will help immensely if you aren't mad at them right now. Start with little things one day at a time, and go from there I don't know who you are, but there is a big hug for you..((((((((((((((((((YOU)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 10:15 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• i havent lost a child to SIDS, but have in custody battles. a lost child is horrible. absolution is mortifying! God Bless you! Take one day at a time. I went thru a breakdown of sorts..my mom died, my oldest boy left 2000 miles away for college, 10 months later my oldest sister died & my husband left & filed for a divorce all within one year. I had 3 more childern at home & had never worked outside of the home...so i was totally lost. I couldnt think, i could make any decisions, not even what underware to put on..seriously. I lay in bed for months, couldnt get up because i was sick. I finally made a list of things to do , i put a time limit on each one so i wouldnt dilly dally over it . I had bills so i had to get my crap together...no pressure, i didnt need any pressure..continued
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I'm so sorry for your loss, and I can't even begin to imagine the pain you feel. At this point, if you haven't already, you really should think about seeking professional help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• continued....once i begain to get control of the little things such as shower - shave legs, arms, wash hair, etc(30 min). Seriously, it was that bad...i had to list everything. once i could handle a daily routine, then it was the grocery store. then walking around the house for exercise, then slowly i moved to the gym. That helped a bunch. Started back to work, took classes for cooking. made new friends...then i was able to deal with my old friends. Slowly...i came back. it was hard at first. But i had my childern who were depending on me to fight it thru. i did...now im fighting for them! i dont have custody...of one, one was returned 2 years ago & one stay by my side thru it all...GOD BLESS her...she has been the glue in the paper that has held us ALL together. one day at a time...one small thing, then another...time sugar...as bitter sweet as it is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Jan. 25, 2009