Can't they tell if you miscarry??

My Daughter was/is Pregnant with her 3RD Baby! She's Always gone to the only hospital in the Area. So she's known there! Any way 3 years ago she went in & they did an ultrasound & was told the Baby died at 30 weeks Go home! He was born the Next am & they didn't know that Was Labor! Now her 3rd Baby.. She went in & was told a Due Date of September. She went in yesterday& had another ultrasound & threy couldn'tfind A baby! She's Bleeding as she did with her first pregnancy! Teh ysaid to come Back in 2 Weeks to see if there is A Baby.. Can't A hospital Tell?? Isn't it just you are pregnant or you're not?? She's Sad, Depressed & Devastated!! Any Advice? She's Blaming herself! She's 24 & Healthy! Doesn't Smoke or drink or do anything harmful to the baby or her Health!! Looking for suggestions please!!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 10:17 AM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How far along is she now? I had the same problem with this pregnancy in the beginning...at 6 weeks they could not see the baby, so I came back in two weeks and there it was! It is very small at that early so they probably cannot see it...
    Hope you get an answer soon!
    Brooke1212

Answer by Brooke1212 at 10:58 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Go to a different hospital. Like another counties ER or something. That just seems a little off to me. I mean they can tell with a pelvic exam if someone is pregnant or not. Let alone with a pee test, blood test, and ultrasound. I knew a woman that kept feeling pregnant but kept having her period like normal, and all Preg tests were neg. so her doctor didn't think too much about it. the doctor looked into it and she was 6 months preg with twins...She is a much older woman though and medicine wasn't the same then.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 12:28 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Oh Linda, how awful this must be for all of you. I'm praying for all of you.
    MarieT03

Answer by MarieT03 at 2:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• My sister went in and found out she was pregnant, i think 4 or 5 weeks. When she went back for an ultrasound they told her there was no baby anymore. She had been bleeding. But they could deffinately conclude that it was a miscarriage.

They couldnt see my baby at 5 weeks. I was just told that there "may have been a gestational sac".
    But since all my bloodtests came back that I was pregnant, and my HCG levels were getting higher, I didnt think much of it.
    Can she ask for blood test to determine level of HCG? It's suppose to increase. So if they are able to do it a few times, they should be able to tell her.
    Anonymous

• I am 25 and have had 2 miscarriages. I have never smoked in my life and maybe, maybe drink 1 drink every 2 weeks if we go out for a nice dinner. I dont think that has anything to do with it though. The best way to tell is to have blood drawn and check her hcg levels and then agin 2-3 days later. If they go down, then yes she is miscarrying. There is a website though of success stories called www.misdiagnoisedmiscarriage.com of women who were told their baby had died when it didn't. Many have a tilted uterus so its harder to see inside. Good luck! You will be in my thoughts.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 2:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• i would tell her too call her ob and go and see him or her not the er sometimes they have no clue what they are doing there unless it is a l&d only hospital
    Anonymous

• My OB/GYN will not even see you until you are far enough along to detect a heartbeat. With my second pregnancy, I went in and there was no heartbeat. I was told that I either wasn't as far along as we'd thought or the pregnancy was failing. I was scheduled to return in two weeks but miscarried at home before the next appointment.
    I'm hoping hte best for your family!
    LisaZot

Answer by LisaZot at 9:48 AM on Jan. 26, 2009