Parents lying to adult children

were you raised NOT to lie to your parents? How would you feel if they had been lying to you and in front of you for afew years now and you have had enough?

Do you disrespect them and call them out on it or do you just let it go and just limit contact?

The things they lie about are non important things anyways, so there really is no reason to lie about them. So frustrated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Apr. 16, 2012 in Relationships

• Personally I would call them out pn them. My mom taught me not to lie, but she also taught me to stand up for whats right.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 1:08 AM on Apr. 16, 2012

• I was raised to not lie to my parents and I know my parents have lied to me many times since I became an adult. Luckily I do not see it as disrespecting them to call them out on it, which I definitely have done.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:24 AM on Apr. 16, 2012

• i think it would depend on what they were lying about. if it was something big i would call them out on it. if it was not so big i might not.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:32 AM on Apr. 16, 2012

• hv a tk with them...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 6:46 AM on Apr. 16, 2012

• When I catch my adult kids in a lie I call them out on it. But they know I cant stand liars and will do that with just about anyone.

Answer by gemgem at 6:57 AM on Apr. 16, 2012

• I think it would depend. If they're lying to me about something personal to them that is none of my business to begin with, I would ignore it, because it's none of my business anyway. Plus, I'd take that as their way of trying to tell me it's not my business. Anything else...I'd call them out if I could prove they were lying. If I couldn't prove they were lying, even if I knew they were, I wouldn't say anything. If they're lying, and I can't prove it, they'll probably keep lying and it'll just cause a big fight, and more than likely, it wouldn't be worth the trouble it'd cause.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:35 AM on Apr. 16, 2012

• I let it go. Agruing with my parents is like yelling at a wall.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:47 AM on Apr. 16, 2012

• I have first-hand experience with this. BM has been lying to skids since separation (11 yrs). Started with little things like "you can't see Daddy he's busy this weekend," it grew from there. BM told skids that DH left them, took all the money to buy me a fancy home and car, and that's why they were left "broke." Broke?!?! Do you think Alimony + support for SD @ $7k/mo is broke???

She told us that "her" kids would not attend our wedding, and told SS & SD that they were not invited because DH and I "didn't want them there."

BM's venom has permeated SD's thoughts over the years that her actions towards me have been nothing but rude, disrespectful and intolerable. As much as I tell myself that I will not give up on her, I just did. I recently lost my mother, and haven't been able to grieve her death as I've been bombarded with DH-SD crap! I am at the point where I don't want SD at home anymore.

I pray you have peace.
    NotInTheClique

Answer by NotInTheClique at 11:26 AM on Apr. 16, 2012

• stand up for whats right...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2012