Tattoo

My daughter just turned 18 and went to get a tattoo and when I say my heart hurts bc I feel she should had waited...I wish I could have stopped her from doing it. Then she did it on her wrist. It's not big. But still. I don't know what's the big rush. So upset

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 AM on Apr. 16, 2012 in Adult Children (18+)

• Not much you can do. Everybody had to make their own mistakes. And who knows, maybe she'll be fond of it until the end of her days. But it's good you vented.
    Pucki

Answer by Pucki at 5:44 AM on Apr. 16, 2012

• She may have been thinking about it for a while before she turned 18. Now all you can do is hope she does not regret it someday.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:12 AM on Apr. 16, 2012

• I understand how you feel. I think the legal age for a tattoo should be 25.. tattoo removal is expensive and by then you should have a better idea of what you want..

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 6:50 AM on Apr. 16, 2012

• Hopefully, she will have a career where visible tattoos are not frowned upon

Answer by rkoloms at 6:51 AM on Apr. 16, 2012

• She is grown and now days tattoos are not looked down on in the work place unless you are covered with them and they arent tasteful. It sounds like she got a small one and a lot of people get one at 18.

Answer by gemgem at 6:56 AM on Apr. 16, 2012

• You sound selfish and controlling.  Your daughter sounds more mature than you are. 

She is an adult now and you need to back off and let her live her own life. The more you try to control her, the further away you will push her.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:32 AM on Apr. 16, 2012

• Meh I got my first at 16. At least it's small but it's definitely not worth being upset over, unfortunately it's her body her choice.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 7:34 AM on Apr. 16, 2012

• This is what happens when they become legally grown. They can do certain things. Hope she does not try that " You can't tell me when to come home now bcause I am grow thing"
    My DD did that, I took her house key away from her. after that . Told her if she want back in the house she will come home when I say or do not come home tell I am awake. She want to act grown I will show her grown.

Answer by louise2 at 7:37 AM on Apr. 16, 2012

• She is a grown woman and perfectly capable of making that choice. Being upset about it is not going to get you anywhere at all, so get over it. My mom was upset with me when I got my first, but she got over it quickly because I was almost 19 and it really was none of her business and she knew it. She said, "I think you are stupid for getting something put on your body permanently" and left it at that.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:37 AM on Apr. 16, 2012

• She's an adult and can make her own choices. I see nothing wrong with tattoos.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:46 AM on Apr. 16, 2012