Tattoo

My daughter just turned 18 and went to get a tattoo and when I say my heart hurts bc I feel she should had waited...I wish I could have stopped her from doing it. Then she did it on her wrist. It's not big. But still. I don't know what's the big rush. So upset

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 AM on Apr. 16, 2012 in Adult Children (18+)

• I understand why you are upset. I don't think you are controlling at all. I think you are just a mom who wants the best for her child.
    There's nothing that can be done about it now.
    Good luck to you both.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:46 AM on Apr. 16, 2012

• The only real thing you can do is stop giving her money so she can not spend the money you give her on thing like that. Sence she want to act grown, tell her to go get a job.

Answer by louise2 at 1:34 PM on Apr. 16, 2012

• agree Farrah
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 9:07 PM on Apr. 16, 2012

• She's 18, it's NOT a big issue. My sons all have tattoos, they were 19 (now 25), 17 1/2 (now 24), 16 (now 21) and 14-turned 15 the next day (now 20) when they got their first tattoos. We all have matching Star of David tattoos that we got spaced out...1st with my now 24yo when he was 17, then with hubby and I (our 1st tattoos---we were 38 and 39), then with my now 25yo who was 19 and then our younger 2 got theirs on the same day. My younger 3 were all over 18 when they got their 2nd tattoos and now have 9, 3 and 2 and my 25yo has 3. Hubby and I waited until we were older and he now has 3 and I now have 11 with plans for 4 more this summer. My mom HATES that I have tattoos and actually forbade me to get any more last summer (I was 45) because she gave birth to me and my body is her property since I am her daughter. Obviously, though, her forbidding me hasn't stopped me from getting tattoos given that I am an adult.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 11:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2012

• Oh to be 18 again. Young, naive & carefree. (Actually you couldn't PAY me to be that age again! lol) Since there's not too much you can do at 18 besides vote & buy lottery tickets, I guess this was her big statement about stepping into adulthood. And while it may be a bit more socially acceptable to have tattoos, there are still some professions that frown upon visible tats. Since I'm sure you've expressed your displeasure w/ her decision, I would leave it at that. She knows how you feel, but if you harp on the issue, you might as well drive her to the tattoo parlor yourself for the next one! Be patient mama, in a few more years, you will be wise to her again! :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:19 AM on Apr. 22, 2012

• My DD got a really big one on her calf the year she turned 18. I don't like it but there is nothing I can do about it.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 12:03 PM on May. 29, 2012

• Not much you can do. Everybody had to make their own mistakes
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 10:19 PM on Aug. 6, 2012