How do i help him?

I posted a Question about how do i let go? But that is my half of the problem my boyfriend is the other half of it. He has really had a hard time with it too I think he is in self destruct mode. Sinse our son died he has been doing drugs (coke) and says that when he is high he doesn't feel the pain of loosing our son. Im scared for him lately he has this attitude like he doesn't care if he dies or not. He owes drug dealers money and it's alot. They are loocking for him and told him that they are giong to kill him and all he says to them is bring it on. How do I save him? How do i make him want to live?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• You and your boyfriend need professional grief counseling ASAP. The loss of a child is the greatest loss and it's totally natural to not want to go on experiencing this immense feeling of grief. A professional can help you work through this and learn ways to handle the grief in a way that is not self -destructive. I see no other way to turn this around without prayer and professional help.
    Lisahi

Answer by Lisahi at 10:37 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• you can't dear, simple as taht. I am sorry to say that but it is true.......the only thing I could suggest is an intervetion with his family or anyone else willing to help and forcing him into rehab. usualy rehab will not work unless the person recieving the help wants it though. Good luck to you, I hope you can get him the help he obviously needs.
    LadySaphira

Answer by LadySaphira at 10:38 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• This is a lot for me to comprehend, I can't even begin to know how you feel. he sounds like he wants to end it, so he does need help and you know he does. You know you need help, because you have asked for it and thats a first step to helping yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• He never did drugs before this happened.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• You don't save him. He has to save himself.

Answer by louise2 at 10:45 AM on Jan. 25, 2009