Anyone have success using a whey protein drink for weight loss?

I have a MIL that supplemented whey protein drink and lost 30 pounds. I was wondering if anyone had any luck too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I don't want to use pills-just need something that isn't going to affect my blood sugar and help curve my appetite. I am hypoglycemic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• My brother was discusing this with me yesterday and said he drinks protein shakes and lifts weights,he's lost TONS of weight by doing this he says he also east 6 small meals a day,drinks zero pop,lots of milk,says he drinks 3 gallons a week. he eats lean meats like chicken and turkey sometimes a little beef. In order for this to work you have to eat small portions,and drinks lots of water too. You need to add muscle in order to burn off the fat which means you will start to gain more but if you keep up the working out faithfully you will lose weight. Good Luck.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 1:39 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Yes I used it before i was pregnant...i still use the pure whey protein powder but stopped the ULtramet Low Carb drink because of all the vitamins, that would be too many for the baby. But I drank two drinks a day and added oats in them too and then had 5 small meals a day and worked out and I started to really lean up....
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 6:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2009