I went for my first sonogram and they told me something different then what the person who did the sonogram who should i believe?

This is my first baby and the doctor told me the baby isnt developing like it sould be and what is weird is the lady that took the sonogram showed everything that the doctor said isnt there and they said that since the baby didnt drink any of the fluid while they were doing it that it doesnt have a stomach but they werent lookin at the stomach the whole time so i dont know what to believe

mommy2B_1985

Asked by mommy2B_1985 at 5:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• get a second, third and fourth opinion if you don't trust your doctor
    akayday

Answer by akayday at 5:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I'D ASK TO HAVE ANOTHER ULTRASOUND DONE AND EXPLAINED THROUGH OUT WHAT THEY SEE WHILE YOUR LOOKING AT IT TOO. MAYBE TAKE YOUR HUSBAND & SOMEONE ELSE W/ U SO THEY CAN SEE ALSO.
    neh57

Answer by neh57 at 5:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I would be going and getting another ultrasound and if the doctor is telling you that he/she should be prescribing you one because the baby would be in distress without all of the organs.
    Babyduche

Answer by Babyduche at 5:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Id definetly get another opinion and bring someone to support you along just so if you cant remember word for word the other person will be able to fill any info you missed. I know from my personal experience with one of my babies, that if its a diagnosis you arent expecting it may sound like blah..blah..blah, because I didnt want to hear the bad news, I kindof just zoned the physician out. And then I had to drive home which was hard because I had to not cry to be able to see where I was going, so just in case your emotions may be high make sure your support person can drive you home afterwards too. I send light and love to you and your baby. Trust your inner knowing. I did with my baby and he defied what the doctors had told us what to expect. Listen,trust, and love each moment you have now and when he is born. I know you will.
    lightnlovefam

Answer by lightnlovefam at 1:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Get another opinion immediately!!!!!!!!!!
    mars33me

Answer by mars33me at 6:25 PM on Jun. 25, 2008