question about Disney?

My MIL says that Disney is evil?? She said she never let her children watch anything Disney. Shes a Christian (and so am I). I've never heard anyone say Disney is evil before. I have Christian friends who let their children watch Disney. I grew up watching Disney movies, channel, etc. So my question is do any of you Christian moms feel this way?? why or why not??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I remember hearing that around church groups in HS. I grew up right by Disneyland. It was evil for supporting gay people, and other practices, business practices I think, that church people don't generally agree with.
    I guess I didn't learn that lesson, as we were season pass holders for a few years.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:51 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I love Disney!! I know the movies have "subliminal messages" in the lion key it says something about sex and in little mermaid the priest has a boner and on the cover the castle or whatever is a penis. there is more but I can't think of them right now. But I have never heard any one say that disney is Evil- thats wierd?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• personally they are just stories to me, and I don't sit there and try to find things against it that are wrong (the kids aren't going to find the differences or "hidden messages" anyway).. but here are some reasons why some people hate disney..
    http://www.mexica-movement.org/boycottdisney.htm
    http://www.cracked.com/article_15677_9-most-racist-disney-characters.html
    http://www.viewaskew.com/dogma/hate/sept30.html
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:16 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• There is something in Alladin also when the girl whispers something to him about sex.
    I think it says "Have sex with me."
    My friend heard it one day when watching it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I do not think so. Anon that is true about Aladdin and something else with Lion KIng and the Little Mermaid but that was by someone working on the film to VHS at the time and they were editing and did that. Those movies were not made that way.

Anonymous

• Disney was a renown prude and extremely religious. He made Annette Funicello, his most famous Mouseketeer, promise to never show her belly in the movies. That's why she always wore one-piece swimsuits in those "beach blanket" movies while the other girls wore two-pieced ones. His animators were cut-ups, however, and made a game of seeing how many risque things they could get past him. But in the Movie history of the Disney cartoons it also stressed that they knew better than to leave any of those bits in the finished cartoon. It would have cost them their jobs and just wasn't worth it! I have the Little Mermaid video cover in question and I think you would have to have a dirty little mind to see a penis there. But, if you are looking, one of the castle towers does resemble a male appendage...with a lot of imagination.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Disney is not evil. You can turn anything into something perverted with a little imagination. I like the Disney channel and the Disney movies (for the most part) and so do my kids. It's a heck of a lot better than Nickelodeon. And Cartoon Network is just a joke.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Walt Disney was a racist.

yes there are things hidden in Disney movies.

We still watch Disney because the movies are good and I personally like the hidden things, it makes it fun for the adults forced to watch with their kids LOL

SEX is written in the clouds in Lion King, in Aladdin there is a whisper of "pretty girls take off your clothes" yes the priest has a boner in Little Mermaid. The penis on the castle was done by a disgruntled employee who was being fired, it was removed from the castle but only after copied of the original were released, if you have the box with the penis, you can sell it on ebay for quite a bit of money.

my MIL thought Disney was evil because Disney World had a Gay day or something... but she she still goes to DisneyWorld.
    Anonymous

• yeah I just put up a new journal that has Disney in there with sum hidden stuff check it out....
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 2:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• yes, Disney has little things like what has already been listed. But no, they are not evil. Some people just don't like that things like that are in kid movies. Like a kid is going to notice??? But, there are people who say that Disney is "evil" because they do support gays, and *little known fact* there are some PORNS that the Disney company (after Walt Disney died) sponsors. I didn't believe it when I was told that, but when it was proven to me, I could not argue with that.

kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 2:08 PM on Jan. 25, 2009