labor/contractions....help

Hello...I am 37 wks and 6 days pregnant....
since last night i have been noticing that I have severe lower back ache...
also I have been having abdominal pain but the time is not that consistent. However....around 4 contractions in one hour. Is it possible that I am in the first stage of labor?

Couple days ago my mucus plug came out and when I visited my doc she said I was 1cm dilated.

Since this is my first pregnancy....I need your help...a little confused.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes how exciting...sounds very much like labour. but you could have a good few hours ahead. lots of walkin and get a good meal in while you can... walking ans moving. but 2 b honest i wudnt botha calling your doc until you cant talk at all during a contraction....tats wen you know
    angelmomma2

Answer by angelmomma2 at 11:14 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• It is possible to continue into labor from here-- or not.

As the body & hormones gradually get ready for labor, you might notice some things, like this.
    When those contractions become more intense and regular (increasing in frequency, it might be good to time them.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:27 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• That is exciting. I have heard it is best to stay at home as long as possible. I guess it depends on where you are most comfortable. But I would wait until the contractions are regular. That way you don't get to the hospital and feel like a goof if it's nothing. Lol
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 12:46 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• sounds like the first steps of labor to me. Congrats.
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 1:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2009