it has been hard for my man and i. it's gotten a little better this past year. last night he tolled me that it was over. should i just let it go or put up a fight?

we have been together for over two years, we have no kids together but i love him so much

LadyBugg58

Asked by LadyBugg58 at 12:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• let him leave. me & my husband have been together for 5.5 years and we fight and say its over but it never happens last night we got into it again and said it was over and i let him leave he hasnt come back.
    Anonymous

• What's that old saying?

If you love something set it free. If it comes back, it's yours. If it doesn't, hunt it down and kill it...err, I mean if it doesn't it never was.

As cliche as it is, it's true. The person you're with has to make the choice to be with you. You can't force them to make that choice. If they've truly chosen not to be, it won't matter how much you fight. They won't come back.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 1:25 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• let him know you love him.but if he really wants to leave let him go.sounds like he has already made up his mind.
    mrs.bryan835

Answer by mrs.bryan835 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Whether you want to save your marriage or not, the best thing to do right now is just take really good care of yourself. Don't cry/scream/beg etc. It won't help. Do things that really make you happy. As you work on your own self-improvement, you might actually attract him back. If not, at least you are helping yourself get through the breakup.
    Dineane

Answer by Dineane at 1:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Let him go. Give him time. He may discover ending the relationship is not what he wants.
    Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 5:27 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• You should let him leave.You should never bed a man to stay.Maybe you guys just need a break?
    Danielle_Nicole

Answer by Danielle_Nicole at 7:31 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I agree with everyone...
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:09 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• I went through the same thing last year with my husband, I just let him walk out the door and a couple months later he walked right back in, he just needed time to clear is mind and once he was able to do that with out any distractions he was able to be the man he needed to be. So just remind your husband how much you love him and tell him that if he chooses to leave that you understand but also let him know that if he wants to come back that your ok with that too. good luck...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Jul. 21, 2008