Who does night feedings if bottle feeding?

I have always done the night time feedings, as I was brestfeeding and with our daughter I did them when we switched to bottles too. I am doing the same now with our son. I was just curious who does them in your house?

Navymama

Asked by Navymama at 10:59 AM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I will breastfeed once... and if he gets up again to eat it's my husbands turn to give a bottle.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:11 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• we shared unless he was at work
    angelmomma2

Answer by angelmomma2 at 11:06 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• My hubby works 3rd shift, so I try to pump a little throughout the day so I can make him help with night feeding when he is off work. But throughout the week...me.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:08 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I would usually do then and on the weekends my husband would help. He would get up with me and feed the baby.
    IsaacMom2007

Answer by IsaacMom2007 at 11:11 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• My dh gets up at night because my dd is a early riser and he isn't. So he does the night feeding and I am up at 6. It is a good arrangement for us.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 12:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• With my dd and ds it was me who got up every night to make the bottle...me who got up to change diapers...me me me....I won't be surprised if it's that way this time too.
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 1:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• While I wasn't working, I had a rule that he had to get up with the baby one night a week before one of his days off so we could each have one night of not having to get up (for baby or work).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I do them. My boyfriend is working a HORRIBLE schedule right now and needs all the sleep he can get. My daughter only gets up once or twice a night to eat though, so it's not so bad. When I go back to work, we are absolutely going to do every other night switching off. I'm not going to be the only one getting up if both of us are working.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:39 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• My great husband typically gets up with me....we do a tag team on the baby. I get the bottle ready, while hubby gets baby. Then while I change the diaper, my husband holds the bottle....then it's time for the mid burp. I burp and then finish the bottle. And my husband wakes at 4:50 to get ready for PT, he is in the military. He is a great daddy already. I'm pretty lucky. When I work early mornings and my hubby has off then he finishes the feeding.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2009