do you go to college full time or part time?

What are your challenges? Did you switch to one or the other after starting? Did you work while you went to school?

partiesbyjan

Asked by partiesbyjan at 11:15 AM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• I go to school full time and work part time and take care of my daughter. It's very hard but I know in the end it will all be worth it to provide her a better life. I have alot of family help and support or else I wouldn't be able to make it.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 11:26 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• i am fixin to start college soon for a degree in business so that me and my SO can start our own business. He is going to go for his license in Deisel Mechanic he knows everything about it but needs his license to run his own company, he works for Basic Energy services but they are cutting down his hour. My challenge is havin someone to take care of my 5 yr old while i go to school and work part time, so right i am just going to have to put him in daycare (which is ok but id rather have someone we know watch him) he starts school in august which will be harder cuz i would need some one to pick him up after school and watch him, i live in a small town, i would be drivin about 25 miles to and from the next city so i am puttin him in school their where i would work and go to school. So i got to figure all this out soon. Sorry its long. But i am going to get it done and do whats best for my family.
    mybabe22

Answer by mybabe22 at 11:33 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I go full time, but schedule classes around my hubby's work schedule so I don't have to use daycare as often. I will be doing part time in the spring because I just has a baby, but after that it's full speed ahead until I graduate.
    monroesmum

Answer by monroesmum at 11:41 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I have always attended college full time while working full time with a husband and four children. I have done this for 6 years and will finally be done with my Masters Degree in May. I took classes online, at night and on Saturdays.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 4:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Fulltime online - some days I don't get much sleep, but it's far more manageable than trying to go to classes and work around snow days and 2 hr delays and institute days.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:21 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I attend college full time but since having my child I haven't worked much (just a little last summer). My husband works in the afternoon/evening and I go to school in the morning, so we don't have to use daycare. Its been challenging because of the tight schedule, I am in my final year so there are particular classes I MUST take that don't really fit well with the schedule. My mom has helped us out (there was a problem last semester where I was getting out of class right when hubby needed to go to work, so my mom took a late lunch break to watch him for a half hour). It is tough - I won't sugar-coat it. The biggest problem I had was finding time to get homework done, but it was well worth it since I will be graduating with a political science degree in three months!!!
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 7:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2009