my 13 yr. old daughters best friend talks about her behind her back and tells people she hates her and everything about her is fake. also she gets mad when boys pay attention to my daughter and not her. my daughter is confused about why she does this.she has confronted her best friend about this and she tells her she is a ho or slut. her parents even get in on it and agree with her and say the same things. what should my daughter do.

help 13 teen yr old girl with best friend problems

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• stop being friends with her period. She'll always be like thatand its not going to stop. Shes jealous.
    Anonymous

• I vote stop being friends with the girl! Tell your daughter her best friend is turning out to be not a nice person, and she might want to go about finding another best friend. The world is full of people to be friends with, and sometimes people change and thats just how life goes.
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 1:07 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Wow have you heard her say those things? I would gently encourage her to end the relationship. Or better yet when your daughter is invited over to her house find something else for her to do. You can not control who your child befriends, however you can help her see that the relationship is not in her best interest.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• i agree with the answer above me...although u must also look @ the examples her parents are giving her!! if they r calling ur daughter names 2 then they r no better!! ur daughter should just stay away...it is obvious that she was never ur daughter's friend!!...this is very sad bcuz she must feel betrayed but u should reassure her that u will always be her best friend!! i wish u both the best of luck!!
    JulieFrancesca

Answer by JulieFrancesca at 1:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• sounds like she needs a new friend.tell your daughter that no one hould treat her like that.she deserves a better friend
    mrs.bryan835

Answer by mrs.bryan835 at 1:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I can't believe ya'll still are referring to this girl as your daughter's "best friend". She clearly is NO friend at all and as a mother, I would make sure they have no contact with each other. This girl is only going to be a bad influence!! She will bring your daughter down, emotionally and verbally.
    Sunshine1723

Answer by Sunshine1723 at 1:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Obviously, these parents aren't a good influence and you have every right to not allow your daughter over there. And as far as anything else, i would recommend discussing with your daughter what actual friendship is.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Momm..YOU need to tell your daughter about unhealthy relationships..and this is a perfect example. There is no 'friend' in the relationship. It is abusive. Either she ends it or YOU end it...no other option.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:04 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• FOR ONE AS A MOTHER YOU NEED TO REMIND YOUR DAUGHTER SHE IS BEAUTIFUL REGARDLESS WHAT THAT SO CALLED FRIEND SAYS ABOUT HER. MAYBE SHE'S JEALOUS OF HER BUT WHO CARES. LET YOUR DAUGHTER KNOW THAT SHE IS STILL YOUNG AND FRIENDS COME AND GO AND THAT REAL FRIENDS DON'T DISRECPECT YOU LIKE THAT. NOW FOR THE PARENTS OF THE OTHER CHILD THEY JUST NEED TO GROW UP. SIT YOUR DAUGHTER DOWN AND LET HER KNOW IT'S OKAY TO LET THAT FRIEND GO BECAUSE SHE WASN'T A FRIEND IN THE BEGINNING IF SHE HAS TO MAKE SUCH COMMENTS. IT TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE. YOUR DAUGHTER NEEDS TO LEARN TO RESPECT LOVE AND HONOR HERSELF FIRST BEFORE SATISIFIED OTHERS.
    1foxylady102276

Answer by 1foxylady102276 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• this is verbal and mental abuse. the girl is obviousely being tought by her parents.as an adult they should know what they are doing is assulting a minor,and you have the right to take leagle action against them. myself if some grown adult abused my 13 yr old like that the fight would be on.
    ccynthia226

Answer by ccynthia226 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2008