Snacks for after a little league game....

Hi, I volunteered to do snacks this coming weekend for after my DD's t-ball game. I plan to do something healthy (last time the coach game out peanut butter cookies....double fail as I didn't want my DD having cookies before lunch and she is allergic to peanuts). These are some of the ideas I've come up with, but I'd love more....and do you think it would be pushy to come up with a list of allergy free items for the other parents?
My ideas so far.....
String cheese
Grapes
An apple
Bananna
Frozen gogurt
Gold fish
Raisens
Pretzels (thought about making some home-made soft pretzels in the shape of baseball bats, but don't know how the majority of the parents will feel about home-made foods.)
Strawberries
???? any other peanut free ideas, must be able to last 1-2 hours in a cooler, be healthy, fun, and kid friendly
What do you think about the home-made idea? Would you let your child have it?

Kimedbs

Asked by Kimedbs at 8:14 AM on Apr. 16, 2012 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'd pass out pretzels over anything else you have. If you are worried about allergies, eliminate the strawberries too.

My kids eat all the things you have listed, but they would not be happy with it after a game. I don't let them have a lot of junk food. In the summer, after their games, I do allow it. It's usually a small bag of chips or pretzels and a drink.

Home-made is always better.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:26 AM on Apr. 16, 2012

• I thought about doing baseball cakepops or baseball sugar cookies to go in the bag too, then the parents could choose whether the kid has it now or later...........what do you think?
    Kimedbs

Comment by Kimedbs (original poster) at 8:47 AM on Apr. 16, 2012

• I remember when my kids did rec sports the snacks that the parents provided were always, orange wedges or slices of watermelon and for half time break and for the end of the game there was some kind of snack like granola bars, dunkin donuts, small individual bags of chips or pretzels or a small pack of cookies.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 8:59 AM on Apr. 16, 2012

• Mine would also like baby carrots, celery sticks and cuke slices.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:14 AM on Apr. 16, 2012

• I think cake pops would be a big hit.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:20 AM on Apr. 16, 2012