Why does my Cat pee on our stove?

I am home with mulitiple Cats.... Ages 3 mos. old to 12 years old! The magority is 7 or older!! Liter boxes are kept clean & sanitised!! Anyway one Cat does this! Who? I'm uncertain! A female for sure! Yes all Are Fixed! These Cats Are loved to no end & petted & Well Taken Care of & Spoiled! We don't have any way to find out.. Just suspect!!?? Its A Dirty Job to clean for it gets on the burners & in & wow when you use the stove the burning urine Smell is horrible! How can I stop her? Catch her or find out the right one for sure?? I don't want to scold the wrong innocent one!! Has anyone else dealt with this? I suspect my oldest siamese. For once when she was mad at my Dh she peed on him, His clothes & all! She likes to get even.... This is not funny & is geting out of hand! Help please!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Pets

• omg i don't know but they would have to go that is disgusting.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Is there a certain time that it happens, like at night? Do you have a camera you can set up to catch it? I would say in order to stop it you have to know which one is doing it first. In the meantime, invest in some burner covers so that it doesn't get into the stove anymore. GL.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:43 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Did you cook fish and not share it with the cat? She could be protesting.
    runawaybunny

Answer by runawaybunny at 11:44 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Do you know which one it is that is doing it....? If it is the 20 year old one, then I would suggest that she is getting senile, cats can become like elderly people and can get disoriented and loose their minds kind of like an alzheimers patient does.

Also if a cat is not spayed or nutered they can and will pee in strange places.

I would try putting a cover of some sort on top of the stove until you figure out your problem. Maybe a tarp or something like that................Just be careful to turn off your stove and not start a fire!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:45 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Sorry, I missed the part about them all being fixed....I am still half asleep....lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:48 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I just read this to my grandfather, and he said that when an animal starts peeing everywhere, (even with clean litter boxes, and being fixed) that there might be something wrong with one of the cats. You need to find out what one it is, and get it to the vet. It could just be old age, but it could be something else too.

I hope that you figure this out soon, because burnt cat pee is probably no fun to live with EVERY time you use the stove. EWWWWWWWWWWW. lol
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 1:29 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Leave the burners on for a few hours, wait and then when you see the cat with the burnt hairless ass you will have your culprit!

Kidding.
    jspy72

Answer by jspy72 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I had a cat once that had a problem with peeing in places besides his litter box. I asked the vet if he was doing it out of spite because we had another cat or sometimes we went away for the weekend, leaving them alone. My vet said that cats that pee outside of their litter boxes, have something wrong with them, like a UTI or something (turned out mine had diabetes). He also said that cats do NOT hold grudges or do things like that out of spite.
    See if you can catch the cat who is doing it (I like the idea of setting up a camera) and take that cat to the vet so you can find out what's wrong.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Holy Moly! I'd get rid of all of them because that is truly unsanitary!
    MrsFizz007

Answer by MrsFizz007 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Set a mousetrap on the stove (clean) or several even, and then when the cat gets up there it'll get snapped with that trap. Or put aluminum foil all over the top of your stove (they supposedly don't like the sound or feel of the foil when they walk on it.), another thing you could do is get those glue type bug traps, they'll stick to the cats paws when they get up there. The cat getting on the counter/stove is DEFINITELY unsanitary, not to mention disgusting! And everyone that said something is wrong with the cat is right. My cat was urinating outside the litter box and recently had to be put to sleep due to a mass in it's belly. It's intestines were nothing but this tumor.

Good luck.
    Anonymous