High Risk Pergnancy? does any know what it means to be a hisk risk?

I am asking because my doctors told me both times when i was pergnat with my kids that i was a high risk. just last week they told me that and evry since then i have been wondering what that means. so if any one knows can you let me know. thanks.

MissMandy25

Asked by MissMandy25 at 11:54 AM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it mean that u may have a problem during labor and ur pregnancy for maybe u have diabetes or ur blood or ur older u have to talk to him about this
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 12:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• It means you are at higher risk for premature labor or complications during pregnancy, labor, and/or delivery. It depends on what you are high risk due to. For example with my first child I was considered high risk due to my age. There were no complications during that pregnancy, so with my second child I was not considered high risk. Let's say you have had high blood pressure during all pregnancies, then you are high risk for high BP. If you had previous preemies then you are high risk for preterm labor. Gestational Diabetes=high risk for gestational diabetes.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I am high risk and I have to see a different doctor. Every time that I go into his office he gives me the whole entire work up. I get a bunch of lab work done and a ultra sound and then he comes in and talks to me. High risk they just keep a little bit of a closer eye on you and what is going on with you and baby. I hope this helps
    lelandsmom6707

Answer by lelandsmom6707 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• What is going on with your health (or baby's health)? There is something out of the normal scope that is requiring additional medical attention.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• You get labeled high risk for a few different things. high blood pressure, gestational diabetes, risks of preterm labor, placenta previa, etc. It means that a midwife can't see you and that you are at a greater risk of having complications in labor and pregnancy. Did your doctor tell you WHY you were high risk? I got labeled high risk because of a placenta previa found at 17 weeks.. but it cleared up on it's own and I am no longer high risk.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:46 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• No they never really told me why i was a high risk for pergnacy. and I go see the doctor tomarrow and i am going to as her then what a high risk means. or i will ask my visiting nurse what that means. she might know. only thing might would have been worng is I was having a clear discharge when i was pergnant with my son and keep having yeast and blader infectins and had to take meds for it. one thing i did find helpful with that was to drink cranberry juice keep both of them away.
    MissMandy25

Answer by MissMandy25 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 29, 2009