I am 18w 2d is it safe to dye my hair darker in a salon?

PregoSommer

Asked by PregoSommer at 12:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hey i am a hairdresser and there have been no studies that can link anything bad to haircolor. going darker is safest because the chemicals are the mildest. you can go lighter if you want and it will probably take just fine also, but chemicals used for lifting are the stronger ones. the only time there is usually a problem with the color taking is if you are on some kind of medication specifically antibiotics and some kinds of pain pills. i did my hair darker so i would have less maintenance and so i wouldnt feel like i was dying my hair all the time like i was before (just in case). i have never seen gwen stefani or any of those other celebs with roots while prego! i think pregnancy is hard enough without feeling like your hair looks bad right?
    hopefulsynclare

Answer by hopefulsynclare at 12:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• yes i have died my hair with all my kids i got 4 and my moms a hair dresser it fine
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 12:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• It's okay to do it, but there is a chance it won't take the same as it did before you became pregnant. your chemical makeup is a little different now that you're pregnant....same with perms.

(what I was told by my OB)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:08 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Yes it is fine. And you can paint your nails and still cross the road by yourself....Some people on here go a little crazy with the dos and do nots...lol
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 25, 2009