what time of day does labor start?

i have heard that is more common for labor to start at night and i was wondering what you ladies have heard about this?? how many of you started in the daytime?

hopefulsynclare

Asked by hopefulsynclare at 12:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• with #1 it started about 5pm
    with #2 it started about 6am
    with #3 it started about 1pm

so I guess I had no real pattern there.

side note- my first 2 kids were born at the full moon which is always when I start my period. #3 came early due to stress
    Anonymous

• It can happen at anytime day or night. I personally went into labor at 3 in the morning.
    JenRose09

Answer by JenRose09 at 12:49 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• It can happen anytime of day. I have had them start at various hours of the morning, noon and night.

Answer by gemgem at 12:49 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I've never heard this. Labor can start anytime and anywhere. With my DS, I started at 6:30 am and had him @ 5:15 pm. With both my DD's, I was induced and started at night and had them @ 11:41 pm and 1:30 am. It all depends on when your little one is ready because they're calling the shots that day lol!!!!

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 12:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• It could happen anytime. Although, most I heard happened in the morning like between 1am to 4am. Mine was 3am.
    erlsk

Answer by erlsk at 12:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• My labor started at 3:30am :) Full moon and hurricane also
    Babblingbree

Answer by Babblingbree at 1:30 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• With my son I started having contractions..regularly...at 9 in the morning and he did not come till 4:30 the NEXT afternoon! It can happen at any time. I was actually at my doctors appointment when they started!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 1:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• My labor started at 12:30ish AM. I got up to go pee and my water broke hollywood-style. I was at 36 weeks and it freaked me the hell out lol
    weezer_cookie

Answer by weezer_cookie at 2:24 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• It isn't that labor is more common during the night....or a full moon....or a hurricane. It is just that more people in hospitals take note of it when it is a foreboding time. Lol.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 2:30 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• My second child, labor started in the day and I had him at night. I want to say I went into labor around 3-4 pm.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 25, 2009