Ok, my son is almost 6 months old, i believe that he is teething, and hes refusing to eat... so what do i do???????

Do i let him eat when he feels up to it or should i make him eat?????

rockmomma130

Asked by rockmomma130 at 1:25 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son did the same thing.at first i tryed to make him eat but then i just feed him when he was hungry enough.i didnt want my baby to hurt more then what he already did.
    mrs.bryan835

Answer by mrs.bryan835 at 1:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• He won't starve himself. Continue to offer food, but if he won't take it, don't worry, he will when he is hungry. All 3 of my kids did that and that is what the doc told me.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 2:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I have learned that they will not starve themselves unless they are really ill. Let him eat when he's up to it.If he seems ill or is losing weight, get him to the doctors office.
    callico

Answer by callico at 2:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• You might try letting him suck on a cold spoon to help his gums feel better, and then try feeding him. Or feed him cold applesauce and such.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 5:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Keep offering quite regularly, and when he's hungry, he will eat.
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 5:27 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Just make sure he has plenty of liquids...
    eyef0undnem0

Answer by eyef0undnem0 at 7:56 PM on Jul. 27, 2008