• In the Spotlight:

baby

if i have my baby down there and get the epidural will i feel anything? this will be my first regnancy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• have your baby down where???

what's a "first regnancy"???
    Anonymous

• its different for all. you can have a mobile epidural like i did with my 2nd, tat way you dont have to deliver on your bak.. i could get on al fours and was squatting also when pushing, and you can feel when to push tat way, whats your fear? you will fel sumthin totally unless you have a c,sec, are you feeeling anxiuos or just curious
    angelmomma2

Answer by angelmomma2 at 12:56 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Well, theoretically, thats how it should work. However, epidurals don't always work. Mine only worked on the left half of my belly. You will still feel pressure when the baby comes out.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 12:56 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Seriously first anon? Crawl back into your hole. She asking for advice. She doesn't need ignorant responses from people who have nothing better to do then make other people feel bad. Everyone else understood what she meant. If you can't be helpful, just go away.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Mine wore out and I was too far for them to give me anymore........that was with my second child...........with my first born it only numbed the left side of my body.......I guess this can happen and both times I FELT just about everything
    MarcRyan

Answer by MarcRyan at 1:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I totally agree with rebecca7708! I didn't feel anything. I started feeling something only because the epidural worn out, but then they gave me more.
    erlsk

Answer by erlsk at 1:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• My epidural worked but I could still tell when to push and I could feel him come out, Not enough to be painful just to know what was goin on.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 1:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• With my first I didn't feel pain, just pressure... When the pressure came I knew when to push. I hope it's the same for this one.. 36 weeks:)
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 1:21 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• i felt pressure too....but it was very painful pressure.
    Anonymous

• I didnt feel a thing you could have aputated my legs and I wouldnt have known it it all depends on how reactive you are to drugs, do you notice that pain medication works faster or you than most people or a lower dose than most is needed thats how it is for me, however most people say you can feel pressure etc. nevertheless you'll do fine good luck!
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 3:13 PM on Jan. 25, 2009