Is your husband like this?

My cousin and I have been extremely close our entire lives. We've lived together and we share everything. She was at the birth of my first child. She is my best friend. I recently moved halfway across the country. So, because I can't see her as often, we talk on the phone several times a day, or chat online. Our husbands seem to have a problem with this. if we are on the phone, one of them is likely to say something rude such as, "her again?" or "why do you need to talk to her all the time" Or my favorite " Doesn't she have anyone else to call". Sometimes, they are just kidding, but it gets annoying. Why don't they understand the bond? Why do they have such a problem with us talking to each other?

Rebecca7708

Asked by Rebecca7708 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• LoL ; me and my sister are like that and we seriously live 10 mins from eachother.... we talk atleast five times a day and if i go to her house to hang out, we will talk on the phone on my way home lol.... men just dont understand a bond like that. Ignore them... keep ur bond... its beautiful.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 1:14 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• the guys want you ladies to bond with THEM and not someone else.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:12 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• My mom has always been my best friend. So we talked all the time, well when I got married DH started to get jealous that she got the same amount of attention as him or sometimes more. He finally sat me down and asked was I married to him or her. I said him and he said then I needed to put him first, and her second when it came to my attention.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 1:15 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• No clue my husband has never been that way with me.

Answer by gemgem at 1:15 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• maybe you guys talk a little too much! you guys should talk maybe once a day at the most! my sis and i are close but dont talk everyday! You have a new best friend to its your hubby too. Maybe you should spend a little more time with him.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Yes, my husband is like that but when he is, he has a point. I am a small business owner and spent a lot of time on the computer chatting and assisting my customers. It makes extra money for our family and gets my artwork out there. I thought that he would think it was great but it turns out, he gets jealous of the time I spend on the computer. I put myself in his shoes and I get irritated when he spends more time with his friends than with me or when he does off and reads or sits on the computer leaving me with no one to talk to. I think he's just fumbling with a way to let you know that he'd appreciate some moderation...and some more time with you. I'm sure he has no problem with you talking to your cousin but take a step back and ponder if it's a little overboard and could a tad bit more time be spent with him/other things?

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• they don't understand it because they are men. i would talk to my friend when my husband isn't home. when he is, i concentrate on him. it's hard sometimes not to talk on and on with my girlfriends so i leave those for another time.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 2:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• My DH has never been that way. My mother and my sister and I are all close and if my sister's DH or my own DH doesn't like it then he can stuff it. Family is family. As long as we are not blasting personal business or dissing on them every time we talk to one another then there should be no cause for concern.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 4:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I spend plenty of time with my husband and child. That's not an issue.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 25, 2009