Bartending for an ex???

AND... I'm not invited!!
He thinks that since we have 5 kids, there's no way I would be able to go and he's glad for that excuse. He says he needs space to hang and see his old friends.
I'm not comfortable with it at all and he doesn't understand.. Says he and the ex were romantically involved way before I even knew what sex was. So what?? she's still an ex! Would any of you ladies have a problem if your hubbies did this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• It would depend on if I trusted my husband, and who broke up with who. If you are secure with yourself and trust your hubby then I do not see what the problem is. If not, that is the issue you should be dealing with.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 1:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• i would have a major problem wit this... i would tell my SO either im going with or without you.... either way im showing up.. lol
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 1:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Id go anyway and get a sitter and say since I have a sitter then it shouldnt be a problem if I came or not.

Answer by gemgem at 1:16 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• you know what you do, tell him "Fine i wont go" and when it comes down to the day... just show up in a sexy outfit and suprise him lol... he might be mad but not tooo mad if u look real good ya kno lol...
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• yea i would have a problem with it just get a sitter lined up and go!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Not at all. My DH had a life before I became involved with him and if I cannot trust him with an ex, who is obviously an ex for a reason, then I think that I would need to look at other areas of our marriage. Love is based on trust so if you truly love your DH then you should trust him to take responsibility for his own person and not be persuaded into any random acts by another. My best friend is a person whom I was involved with briefly and my DH trusts me completely. Regardless of whom your DH is with or what he is doing there is no one that can make a person do something he/she doesn't want to do.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 4:16 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• The fact that you are not invited is a huge red flag! (Personal opinion) He should be proud of who you are and have no problem introducing you to his old friends, including his ex. I would get a babysitter as soon as possible and if he still insists that you don't go....There is a problem.
    lathena

Answer by lathena at 6:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2009