Experience?

Ok so im 29 weeks, Ill be 30 weeks on monday. It seems the more closer i get to my due date, the more fearful i get. Not only of the labor [ which im really nervous about] But also being a mom [ first time ] .... i get these thoughts in my head that i wont know how to handle her or that i might not be a good mom... just crazy thoughts... now i know this is prob. normal, but it scares me. I mean im more excited than anything to actually be a mom and have her here, but fear is creeping in more and more each day...

just wanted some experience from women and how you coped with this... just a young scared first time mommy.

kwiseman19

Asked by kwiseman19 at 1:23 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is scary having a child whether its your first or 5th. I was scared everytime not knowing if Id be a good mom at first and with the others after if I would be able to juggle everyone and their needs. What helped me was knowing having this fear was not only normal but healthy. If you werent scared then I would be more concerned because you would be taking it so lightly. Know what I mean? So the fact you care so much already without having your child here shows you care and love your child already which means you will be a great mom.

Answer by gemgem at 1:28 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I just discussed my fears with my friend. About the labor part, read up on it and go to childbirth class. You will be fine. I was fine and had my daughter 2 days after an hurricane hit our city. The hospital was running on a generator and I could only have my husband in the room with me. My birth plan was shot to hell so i think you will do great. Start doing kegal excercises and pelvic exercises to help you in labor.
    Babblingbree

Answer by Babblingbree at 1:28 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• i was 19 when i had my daughter and it was outta nowhere and at a really well....... WILD time in my life i was honastly hell on wheels at that point and I had to go from that to moving in with her dad and being the home after work everynite cooking supper wife figure and that was really hard for me..... yes i was very scared I was scared that i wouldnt be able to take care of her good enough and just the whole life change.... and OMG i was sooooo scared of the labor but when it was all over I had a wonderful little girl!! Yes labor is the most intense pain a person could feel not gonna lie it hurts like hell but I just did it for the fourth time so its something you could do again and again because of what you get in the end!! You have all these fears and its normal but ur gonna be a wonderful mom im sure and everythings gonna be just fine!! Good luck!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• i was 19 when i had my son (2 years ago) and i was terrified. when i gave birth to him they layed him on my stomach and i didnt even know what to do. he was so tiny-i was scared to touch him. i cried my first time putting clothes on him in the hospital bc i didnt feel like i knew what i was doing. luckily my best friend and her mom were visiting me in the hospital at the time and her mom had to dress him for me. i had to stay with my mom for the first week or two after having him bc i didnt have any confidence in myself. but with a strong support system-it will be ok. and its ok to be scared and nervous. you will get the hang of it. there is no manuel for child raising.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 1:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I was 15 when I had my first child and it is scary but just like anything else...If you put your mind to it you will be fine. Just remember that the pain will fade & any lasting scars will be meaningless in the face of a new baby. Also chances are you will make mistakes. and you will think you did something wonderful that someone else makes you feel like crap about. Do your research and make the best choices for you & your child, & remember that when it comes to children, experience is not always the best answer. I have 2 children and one on the way now and when I had the second I found out all children are different and what worked for one doesn't always work for another. So just because someone has done it before they don't necessarily know the best way for you. Don't spend too much time worrying about the little things, they aren't that big of a deal.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 2:09 PM on Jan. 25, 2009