My 3 year old chews EVERYTHING!

His clothes all have chew holes, his toys are gnawed, no threat or follow through of toy removal will stop the crazyness!!! Has anyone been through this before?

kryssie78

Asked by kryssie78 at 1:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• He will grow out of it.. My son is 4 and still chew on everything..
    Joshmom520

Answer by Joshmom520 at 1:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• My daughter used to do that, she is now 5 and still sometimes does it, but rarely. He will grow out of it.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 2:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I don't like my son chewing on my furniture and I tell him so following it with a (not so painful)smack on his hands or bottom. I use to just give him a childs chew toy, but he would go back to the furniture. He started doing it entirely too much and it was tearing up the furniture. I didn't like my furniture torn up and didn't want him to think he could do the same thing at other peoples house, so I had to start disciplining him in that manner for that particular situation. It really did work, but not everyone is comfortable with something like that.
    callico

Answer by callico at 2:57 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Brody Never chewed on anything other than his hand... He just never put stuff in his mouth now for Kyle he has put a lot more in his mouth and chewd on things a little...My kid's are kinda odd... But Kyle does chew on much more then Brody ever did... Which I figured we got spoiled with the 1st one on not having to keep thing's up as much because he didn't mess with too much.. Kyle has already eating his share of Crayons and Brody never even tried to do that once...lol
    laura2oo

Answer by laura2oo at 5:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2008