Have you lived abroad with young children?

I am looking into living abroad for a while with my husband and our two young boys. We are interested in studying abroad also. If you have any information you'd like to share it would be greatly appreciated.

bltcahill

Asked by bltcahill at 1:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Travel

• well we lived 6 years in Germany cause of my husband's job. He's in the Air Force. You can direct questions to me directly. I will say it was an awesome experience for both me and my kids. I would not have traded that for the world. The only down side was my son was 14 months when we moved overseas and just turned 8 when we moved back and the US was scary for him . Big culture shock for botht he kids.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 2:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• We just moved to Italy, Army, and so far so good. It was a culture shock and at first I wanted to go straight home, but its gotten better. Its beautiful. My son is two and it hasnt really affected him yet. even if you only live abroad for a few years, just think of all you will see. but it is alot more expensive over here too, gas is throught the roof, so make sure you look into those things before choosing a place to live. Good luck!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:32 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• WELL I MOVED TO COSTA RICA & WE LOVE IT KIDS ADJUST REALLY WELL HERE WE HAVE GOOD SCHOOL GREAT SUPERMARKETS AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL 100% QUALITY HEALTH CARE ANSO ITS PRETTY COOL 'CAUSE KIDS ARE BI-LINGUAL SO I FIND IT PRETTY COOL AND A NICE EXPERIENCE TO SOME DAY LOOK BACK AT
    nat_mom_of2

Answer by nat_mom_of2 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 26, 2009