How do I heal or get rid of hemroids? (TMI)

I have hemroids and I never had them before even with my first. It's so large I feel like i'm supposed to be having a bowel movment and I can't cause its right there. I don't know what to do. I checked it in the mirror its huge! Do I have to wait for it to pop on its own? or can I put something on it? I heard of witchhazel...I don't have any...but I have heard of it. Please help it hurts!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they're like a scar, with you for life. not always inflamed, but there's always a possibility of a flare up. sorry. you'll be able to still have a bowel movement, you may want to eat foods that'll help soften your stool, like a prune or two each day. preparation H is the product that's most commonly seen in the first aid section of your local market. they have something like baby wipes that you can use. they help reduce the inflammation and discomfort. it'll get better. good luck!
    vickiathome

Answer by vickiathome at 2:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• use hemroid cream
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 1:57 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I have heard of witch hazel or rubbing alcohol and apply with cotton ball and then some vaseline to smooth. I had a mild case when pregnant and it worked well.
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 1:59 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Preparation H works well...
    I had to get an RX for mine, because I had internal and external hemmorhoids-YUCK!!
    If Preparation doesn't work, just call your Dr. and he/she will call in a Rx for you!
    Good luck-that sucks:)
    Anonymous

• Hydrocortizone cream works well.

lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 2:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2009