Okay, so, I'm pregnant with baby number 2, 36 weeks today and feeling menstrul cramp pains in my lower back that last about 2 to 3 minutes at a time that don't go away changing position. I'm also having pains in my hooha/vaginal area that will stop me in my tracks if i'm walking. What do ya'll think I should do? How close do you think I might be to delivering?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had preterm labor with my first child starting really early, probabyly around 5-6 months. It felt kinda like what you are discribing. I was told with this pregnancy if I have any cramping/back pain in my lower back to contact the doctor immediately because I'm prone to preterm labor.
    I would deffinately say call your doctor or whoever is the nurse on staff in the labor/delivery at the hospital. I had been 2 cm dialated well before 36weeks when I was having lower back pain
    Anonymous

• Noone can say how long labor will last, and only a doctor can decide if you are in fact in labor. I would call and talk to someone in labor and delivery and see what they say.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• i had this with my son at 36 weeks and when i went to my 36 week check up i wasnt even dialated :(
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• im currently in the hospital my water broke im dialated some cramping and yeshoo haa pains. but my doc says theyre not contractions. i think u shoould get it checked. im waiting til i have consistant contractions. i'm only 29weeks. been here sice i was 25 weeks.
    JV_GR82B_ME

Answer by JV_GR82B_ME at 4:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I am at 16 weeks and had a hoo haa pain that stopped me in my tracks... very fast and sharp...I just assumed i was growing or the baby landed a kick or something... that was a few days ago and nothing else has happened since... when I twist or try to change positions I get a period style cramp. perhaps it is just some more growing going on???
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 4:28 PM on Jan. 25, 2009