My co-sleeper has decided to crawl away and be a single sleeper

My 2 year old has always slept with me, even in the hospital. Well last night she was sitting beside me watching 'Toy Story' and I was on the laptop. I had the pillow kinda propped up so I guess her head was up higher then she usually likes or something. Anyways, she just went and crawled to the opposite end, layed down on her stomach facing the tv and fell asleep like instantly. This is the second time she's done this. I did get her and lower the pillows and layed down beside her. She cuddled up beside me as usual and put her little arm over me and went back to sleep. Is she trying to tell me she's ready to be a big girl? It broke my heart.

lunamuse89

Asked by lunamuse89 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Awww lol. Yeah all kids are different and they are ready for their own space and usually let you know. I would see if she wants a toddler bed. She might not use it but itll be there. It is hard when they do that though. I remember my dd whose going to be 4 in february was around 2 when she did then she reverted at 3 aftfer getting her tonsils out, then went back to her own bed. Every child is different but they wont cosleep forever. Sad I know.

Answer by gemgem at 2:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• lucky!! my 2 year old refuses to sleep in his own bed even though we got him a toddler bed and put it right next to my side of the bed. if i stop holding him at any point at night, even if he is asleep, he will pull my arm back over me.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I have never understood the co sleeping thing all 3 of my kids slept in there own bed since birth .
    Anonymous

• Shes had access to a toddler bed or even a futon bed all to herself. She will pitch a mega fit if I even suggest she sleep or "rest" on them.
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 2:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• my question is why do mom's start this is the first place ?
    Anonymous

• my son slept in his own bed since birth-until he got a really bad infection and started running a fever of 105 and i put him in my bed and held him. ever since then he wont sleep in his bed
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 2:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• in
    Anonymous

• Anon 2:37- It;s easier and more convienant to BF your child. I didnt suffer from any postpartum depression or even that much sleep deprivation due to the fact that she was a co-sleeper. I feel like it also builds a stronger mother/child bond. She's also always slept through the night.
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• some mothers believe its good for bonding-there are alot of reasons that moms sleep with their kids in their beds.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• And what are those other reasons Sthompson?
    Anonymous