WHEN CAN I STOP GIVING MY DAUGHTER FORMULA?

SO MY DAUGHTER IS GOING TO BE 11 MONTHS ON WEDNESDAY AND I WAS WONDERING WHEN CAN I GIVE HER REGULAR MILK INSTEAD OF THE FORMULA? I FEED HER NORMAL BABY FOOD ALREADY BUT USUALLY JUST GIVE HER HER MILK BEFORE A NAP OR BEFORE SHE GOES TO BED. ITS GETTING REALLY EXPENSIVE BUYING THE FORMULA. DOES ANYONE KNOW?

ABBY90

Asked by ABBY90 at 2:36 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 1 year old
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 2:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• i think you can go ahead and start her on milk though-shes close to a year old
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 2:39 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Most Dr.s will say 1 year
    Anonymous

• Our pediatrician says not until they are eating a full, balanced and varied diet of table foods. Babyfood does not provide the nutrition they need.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• YOU CAN START NOW THAT IS THE AGE I STATRED MY DAUGHTER ON... I MEAN ITS EASIER TO START NOW THEN WHEN THEY ARE ONE.... SO START HER NOW.. GO SLOWLY.. LIKE 1 OZ EVERY WEEK OR TWO DEPENDS ON HER BODY.... AND SHE SHOULD BE EATING TABLE FOOD NOW.. SLOWLY TAKE AWAY BABY FOOD..
    nesamama

Answer by nesamama at 2:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I would check with your pediatricain before stopping the formula.
    Lisahi

Answer by Lisahi at 2:52 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I did it until she was a few days after a year old....I'm sure you're iittle one will be fine if you start it now but I wanted to wait till she was a year bc that's what my ped. said.... I didn't care if it was more expensive, I wanted to wait.
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 3:07 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• The age is 1 and if your child isn't eating a balanced diet by 1 you keep them on it. All the vitamins they need are in the formula..if you take that away and they don't eat balanced, your removing all that from they're diet. It will only lead to health problems.
    Anonymous

• it depends on her weight. my doctor took my son off formula at 9 months. he eats 3 meals a day and has a few snacks a day and he drinks 2% milk and 100% juice
    mooreboysmom

Answer by mooreboysmom at 11:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2009