Hospital stay and recovery from Tubal....

I was how long the hospital stay is for tubal only. and if the recovery is much different than with c-section?

sarahdicksonjr

Asked by sarahdicksonjr at 2:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Health

• Getting your tubes tied is concidered band-aid surgery. there is no over night stay in the hospital unles you have complications. You are told not to lift anything heavy for a few days and to take tylenol for the pain if there is any. A c-section is a hell of alot more painful and takes way more time to heal from. I had my tubes tied when my DD was 5 mnths old and there was no pain. I had 2 kids in a stroller and I am a single mom, I wound up picking up the dbl stroller with both kids in it to get into the apartment and nothing happened.
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 2:56 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Piece of cake! A tubal ligation is an OUTPATIENT procedure. Meaning, you check in and out the same day--about 8 hours after being prepped for the surgery!

Your doctor will probably prescribe Tylenol-3 (codeine) or similar pain medication as you will be a little tender. But you should be out and about that afternoon--definitely by the next morning. Your stitches will dissolve, so there will be no need to follow-up unless you have a problem or develop an infection (very rare!).
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:59 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• i had my tubes tied the same day i went home after having my daughter no big deal and i wasnt in much pain at all
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 3:21 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• They didn't keep me in the hospital to tie my tubes. I went in to the same day surgery clinic, and about an hour after I woke up from the anesthetic I went home. Took it easy for a couple of days and never had any problems.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 4:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I know A Friend.. She had two more sons after hers!! Now she's older & probably glad it happened that way! Because one died at age:33! But I'm just Stating this to ask if this is for sure & for Good! For that's what she thought too! I'm hoping they're much Better at it!! Of course for the man its much Easier.. But most men won't!! Good Luck to you in all that you do!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 6:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I had a newborn baby and went home the same day. I hate hospitals with a passion.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 8:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I had my tubes tied 10 months after having my c-section. I was in and out the same day. I slept the rest of the day and was back up to my usual routine the next day.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2009