Is there even any point to using the toddler toothpaste since it has no floride?

BabyGsMaMa13

Asked by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • To clean the teeth and make good habits.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• idk I never used it, only a small amount of flouride paste. I guess it's to get them used to using paste? Or maybe it facilitates brushing, like it makes bubbles and stuff.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• toddler toothpaste is safe to swallow-
    Anonymous

• You don't need to use it at all. But, the sweet flavor can help keep a toddler interested and get them to open their mouth.

As you know, using flouride paste is a dangerous no-no for toddlers because they will swallow it. You aren't supposed to use it until they are around 4 and know to not swallow and know how to rinse and spit.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• You don't need to use it, but it does help clean the teeth and we use it to teach them to spit before using regular tooth paste.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:15 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I use the Toms Of Maine Kids toothpaste with my 2 y/o. It's got fluoride but her favorite thing to do is to be allowed to spit in the sink so I have to brush her teeth in quadrants lol and she rinses and spits after each one! I just didn't like using sugary toothpaste
    dharmas_mommy

Answer by dharmas_mommy at 6:25 PM on Jan. 25, 2009