My 3 month old son is having random crying fits. he almost sounds like its pain. i've tried Tylenol, cuddles, everything. i haven't slept in almost two days. what could it be??

crying, in consoleable, acid reflux, his meds were just uped

1St1ontheWAY

Asked by 1St1ontheWAY at 1:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Colic can still be present at that age, teething can be starting, perhaps an ear infection or something like that. And maybe his acid reflux isn't being controlled well with the medication. Or maybe he is having an adverse reaction to the higher doses. I would take him in to see a doctor.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:58 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I was going to say the exact same thing as Mom1Stepmom1---call his doctor and be firm about your concerns!
    kgcmomma

Answer by kgcmomma at 2:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• as stated colic can be present, but have you checked for teething maybe...my daughter started teething at 3 months.
    mash0702

Answer by mash0702 at 2:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• have you tryed gas drops,baby orajel,cold foods if its teething.i dot know much bout colic.my son didnt have it.but omg he was really gasy
    mrs.bryan835

Answer by mrs.bryan835 at 2:10 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• like the previous stated try some gas drops, he may be colicky also
    Anonymous

• My son was like that when he was little. The doctor looked in his ears and said it was an ear infection. He had them frequently. They really kept everyone from getting enough sleep. Try getting your baby's ears checked out. Ear infections really hurt.
    callico

Answer by callico at 2:47 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• everyone gave the answers i was thinking off. My youngest daughter was the same way. You can try the gas drops or massage his tummy. If you are giving him formula, it could also be that. My doctor switched my daughter to similac sensitive. She was also colic. She was a rough child. If none of it works call the doctor. Good luck.
    sophiamom08

Answer by sophiamom08 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• My son has started to do the same thing. He has been screaming at the top of his lungs, and I don't know why. I think he might be teething cuz he chews on his hands and mine and he drools like crazy. I have been giving him gas drops and tylenol. And it seems to work after awhile. Good Luck. I know how u feel right now.
    HuntersMom4908

Answer by HuntersMom4908 at 10:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Yep sounds like Colic. There is a great product called Colic Calm available on the internet. I used it on my daughter and it's like miracle in a bottle. Highly recommend it. My daughter would stop crying within 5 minutes of getting this med. I had tried Mylicon drops and they did nothing. I dont' want to sound like an add, but it's worth it..
    AlanasMom323

Answer by AlanasMom323 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2008