If you start to go into labor at 36 weeks would they try to stop it??

Or is it okay if you have you baby that soon on it's own?

BabyGsMaMa13

Asked by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • I had mine at 36 weeks. As long as the birthweight, and organs are developed and fine, I wouldnt see why they'd stop it.
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 3:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• My last ob wouldn't stop you any time past 36 wks. That being said, DON'T be impatient. Baby needs to brew as long as possible :) My second was 5 days late. Although I was a bit crazy with that, lol, I got a lot of extra house work and shopping done trying to walk him out :) Didn't work. They come when they come and it is best to let them do it their own way.

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 3:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• at my hospital they try to stop it, but if they cant its usually fine
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I had my son at 34 weeks. I was 5cm dilated when I got to my weekly appointment. They sent me right up to L&D and he arrived 6 hours later.
    arbutusdawn

Answer by arbutusdawn at 3:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• it depends on your ob really, but i would say as they would let it go as long as you didn't try to induce it to early.
    mamatobe1989

Answer by mamatobe1989 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Well I'm not trying to have her yet, I want her to take all the time she needs. I was just wondering because since the begaining of this pregnancy I had a feeling i might have her atleast a week before my due date.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Probably not the best time is between 36 and 40
    lovencasper5307

Answer by lovencasper5307 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• BabyGsMama I hope you didn't think I was implying that... I saw a woman a couple weeks ago asking how to induce labor at home and looked at her profile it said 36 weeks! Wth? :( That stuff makes me wanna cry. So now I just have to add the disclaimer to every thiing :P lol

Good luck to you! I hope everything goes smoothly. Congrats!
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 4:07 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• No I didn't think you were implying anything just wanted to say before anyone bashs me thinking I'm trying to induce myself. Even when I get closer to my due date I don't think I'll be doing anything to make it happen faster.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 4:09 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• the big mile stone is that you get past 35 weeks..becuase at 34 wks the lungs are still maturing and at 35 theres this sticky stuff all over the lungs so if baby was born at 35 wks, it would have a hard time breathing and be put in the nicu..its gone by 36.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 4:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2009