How old was your child when they lost their first tooth?

My daughter is 4 and will be 5 at the end of Feb. She just lost her first tooth last night...is that too young to start losing teeth?

ELC

Asked by ELC at 3:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• No one is the same. My daughter didn't lose one till after she turned 6. Her cousin lost them like 2 weeks after turning 5. They lose them when they are ready!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:46 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I don't think so. My one lost her first one just before her 6th b-day and the other hasn't lost any yet
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 3:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• all of mine were 6 or 7

Answer by gemgem at 3:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Every Child is different. My daughter is 5 in May and still hasnt lost any teeth. My son was in preschool I believe (3-4?)
    EWPhotography

Answer by EWPhotography at 5:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• No, 4 is probably not the average, but is not abnormal.
    Mine were 5, but I was 7.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 6:00 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• They are all different. My son is 6 1/2 and not lost one tooth. Last year in Kindergarten many kids had lost teeth and he is one of two kids who have not lost any teeth. I was 7 before I lost any teeth my younger brother and one younger sister lost them before I did.  Speak with the dentist about it. 

momtoonecuteboy

Answer by momtoonecuteboy at 8:20 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• My daughter will be 6 in May and she just lost her first tooth this month.
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 8:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• All are different. for example I was born wih teeth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I lost mine when I was 4, but my son is almost 6 and nothing loose yet!
    79andi

Answer by 79andi at 12:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• When my son lost his at age 4 1/2 I was worried like you, but I called the dentist and he said if it is one of the front bottom is okay. Especially that he started toothing when he was 4 1/2 months. But it is always good to take to a dentist to take a look anyway, if you haven't done yet. That's what I did.
    tuquinha

Answer by tuquinha at 5:32 PM on Jan. 28, 2009