It seems my question wasn't clear ebough so I am going to try this again....

Even though some 35 of you esponded to my previous question it was brought to my attention that at least one of you couldn't understand the question. So here goes. President Obama said

"You can't just listen to Rush Limbaugh and get things done," he told top GOP leaders, whom he had invited to the White House to discuss his nearly $1 trillion stimulus package.

Now to ME that sounds like you need to not listen to your base you need to come do what I want.....He also made the "joke" about how he won so he will get what he wants.

My QUESTION is
Does this sound like a man trying to bring people together and work in a bi partisan way OR someone who just wants everyone to come to HIS side of the aisle??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think you are full of it and trying to stir crap up. Let it be, it is what it is. I do understand your question and I call BS! Let it go already. Honor the man and become an obediant server.
    Anonymous

• I think he is trying to get people to think for themselves rather then listening to some pompous windbag.
    arbutusdawn

Answer by arbutusdawn at 3:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• It shows a man who wants everyone to agree his way is best and that those voted in by their people and asking specific things for their areas should be ignored. In my area we happen to have republican representation and I know that many call, write and ask that the things we want done be done. If congressmen/women and senators ignore the people they represent then that will cause them to be voted out. This will also call for division when only one side of the country is listened to. So to me it sounds like he wants it his way or the hwy but he doesnt understand the hwy runs two ways.

Answer by gemgem at 3:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• EXACTLY......................arbutusdawn
    4kids1970

Answer by 4kids1970 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• arbutusdawn: BRAVO!
    Anonymous

• what if we think the pomous wind bag is obama?
    Anonymous

• gemgem: "This will also call for division when only one side of the country is listened to. So to me it sounds like he wants it his way or the hwy but he doesnt understand the hwy runs two ways."

You mean like Bush did to the democrats for 8 years?

I see Obama as trying to work with both sides and emphasizing that he's not going to be the one to give in to republican demands. I see what Obama is doing as saying "we need to work together but yes, I won the election and I do not have to bow down to the republicans any more to get things done in this country."
    Anonymous

• Taking the two extremes into consideration I would say listen to limbaugh if you must but only in moderation because he does afterall only love himself.
    And consider the fact that Obama is in fact alot like Limbaugh on the other side of the issue, Obama, Pelosi and Clinton (Trifecta from Hell) have gotten the seats of power now and intend on using it to it's full potential. Obama has been quoted along with Pelosi as stating "we won" basically we make the rules now, and HIllary said something to the same effect this week but I can't remember the wording. You can throw bipartisanship out the window honey, at least until 2010.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Hah! Bush put a road block up on the other side of the highway and said pretty much-tough!

Obama is trying to work with everyone bc HE UNDERSTANDS that everyone is this country is being impacted right now!
    Anonymous

• Limbaugh is FAR MORE RADICAL-no comparision
    Anonymous