Has anyone had trouble finding a midwife or birthing center in your area? If so, what do you do? Is it a good ideal to contact one (if I ever find one) for pre-conception care?

heatmac4

Asked by heatmac4 at 2:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i would say finding one pre-conception would be the best way of doing it... because they will even sit down with you and help plan a healthy conception and healthy pregnancy before the fact.. and then you will even have that extra comfort level by seeing them for so long
    mfialdrdickhaus

Answer by mfialdrdickhaus at 12:26 PM on Jul. 21, 2008

• I found midwives in the phone book and then just interviewed. I doun't think that it would hurt at all to contact them pre-conception. I know that mine would have been very supportive about that.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 2:21 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I couldn't find any midwives in the area, so I googled to find one closest to me. I have to drive an hour to get to her, but it's well worth the time (and the gas) it takes to get to her.
    CreativeSpirit

Answer by CreativeSpirit at 2:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2008