have you ever tried?

Have any of you ever tried to wax your own brows? I really wanna get mine waxed but i dont have time or a car soooo i was going to try and do them myself, have any of you tried it...did it work? or no? Any tricks to make it easier so i dont jack them up!

Kennadismom

Asked by Kennadismom at 4:13 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• i never have, but i have seen some little things at walmart, in the beauty section. they are stickers you place on your eyebrows, and you wax over it. it shapes them that way too.
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 6:08 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I have. It is not difficult, just take your time! For example if you do it today and see more hairs that you missed....wait a few days to get at them. Remember you can always take more off....it is much more difficult to fix it if you take off tooooo much at once. I find that SURGI-WAX works best for me. It is one you heat up in the microwave and apply with a small wooden stick. There are no strips to mess with, you just let the wax harden and then pull it off. This method seems to be more precise if you are doing it yourself. I have been doing my own for 20yrs and surgi-wax has served me the best. They have it everywhere....walmart, target, walgreens....maybe even a grocery store
    joaniedanger

Answer by joaniedanger at 9:55 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I use to get mine waxed years ago but here in California, most of the salons have moved away from that & do it by tweezing only. I don't mind the tweezing & they give me such a great shape with my brows! I say stick to tweezing, It's good & you don't risk as much on a bigger oops! or mess up!
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 4:55 PM on Jan. 27, 2009