Have you seen the new Hyundai commercial?

If you lose your job within one year of buying any new Hyundai you can give it back no questions asked.
Does this make you want to buy a Hyundai over an American car?
Does this make you realize not buying American was why so many lost jobs?
Does this make you want to buy a new car at all?

akinbottom2

Asked by akinbottom2 at 4:14 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Problem is, Hyundais are made in Alabama. GMC's are made in Mexico. Which one is employing more American workers?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:45 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I only saw the commercial once, so there may be some limitations to this promotion.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 4:15 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• No, I like my 8 year old Ford Windstar. Oh, wait a minute, it's 2009 now. Correction, I like my 9 year old Ford Windstar. Course I can't afford a new car right now anyway. LOL But I am a big believer in buy American. Wish it was that easy to find American made toys. I have a birthday to shop for.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 4:16 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Nah I dont want to buy a new car at all in this economy. Im not feeling secure enough to invest in something for the next few yrs.

Answer by gemgem at 4:25 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Problem is that American car companies, once again, were really not paying attention to the consumer. You've got to produce what the consumer wants, give them the benefits they want in a solid product. My own experience with American cars has been pretty bad.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I think in this economy it's a smart incentive.

when all things are equal, I'll buy American. where there is a significant difference in value, I'll take the greater value.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 4:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Does this make you want to buy a Hyundai over an American car? I think they are crappy cars. Does this make you realize not buying American was why so many lost jobs? It's just to bad the American government has made the American companies go over seas. With Obama, things are just going to get worse. Does this make you want to buy a new car at all? I think it is a great offer, however you have to read the small print. You can only have so many miles on it .. and yada yada yada ... Good question!

Anonymous

• haven't seen that one...
    Anonymous

• We have a Hyundai and love it. It's 10 years old and has never been in the shop, other than for routine maintenance. They're not crappy cars.
    Anonymous

• Sorry..I don't even want to think about getting a new car. We paid ours off last year with our tax refund and I can't imagine a car payment..ICK..But we rented a hyundai and they have come a long way from the way there were 10 years ago.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:04 PM on Jan. 25, 2009