omgshhh screw Terrible twos I need help NOW lol

My DD id 5 months old, well she will be on the 27th. She has an ear infection and cough. Shes on medication for both but shes gettin to the point where she wants to fight sleep and she screams at the top of her lungs to keep herself awake. What are some thing i can do to calm her after I've done everything I know to do [burp her feed her change her walk with he bounce her] I even give her a little baby tylenol and that doesnt help. HELP LADIES some one must have some technique. Sorry if i spelt that wrong =/

lovencasper5307

Asked by lovencasper5307 at 4:17 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try giving her a bath before you put her to bed. it usually helps my boys get to sleep. i do know the feeling though. one of my boys was sick a couple of weeks ago and he did not want to go to sleep. try using the night time bath stuff from j.j.
    Anonymous

• what about her day time naps its not just bed time shes freaking out its all day every time she gets sleepy...
    lovencasper5307

Answer by lovencasper5307 at 4:22 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• does she cry even when you hold and rock her or is it when you go to put her down after holding her that she freaks out?
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 4:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• What worked with mine may not work with your daughter but here we go: Try a bit of Vicks Vapor Rub on her chest, just a little! This will help clear her air passages and make it easier to breath which will help the cough, since the ear infection is tied to her sinuses and the cough is probably resulting from drainage of her sinuses. Fill a sock 3/4 of the way with regular cooking rice. Tie a knot in the top. Pop it in the microwave for 1 minute intervals until you think it is warm enough but not too hot. Put this against her clothing-covered belly or put it in a pillowcase and let her hug it to her head to help her ear. VACUUM! Seriously, vacuum. The sound of a vacuum is the closest to the sound of the womb and is actually comforting to infants up to 1 year old. Above all else, remember this will pass. She will get better and the time you have spent comforting her will help her continue to bond with you.
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• no michelle.coppes she freaks out even when you hold her and rock her.
    lovencasper5307

Answer by lovencasper5307 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2009