Does anyone see the connection?

I was discussing the proposed trillion dollar bailout with someone today and was wondering if anyone else sees the connection. Obama wants to raise the cap for SCHIP to $84,???. Gross per year. This would encourage many people to put their children on state run healthcare. Is this the first step to implementing UHC?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• When we have national healthcare it is all over. America will become a communist nation with no rights or liberties. Open your eyes ladies, you are being sucked in by this socialist piece of crap called the democratic congress. Nothing is ever free. There is always a price to pay.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• yes.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 4:19 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

•  

YES

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 4:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Yep! And, in time, you will get back exactly what you pay into the system....nothing!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:47 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Lori, you are busy busy today, I'm impressed. I'm burnt out on Obama this weekend. Or else I'm ready to throw this computer of mine right out the window, Kapoooieee.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 4:59 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Yep, sorry to say!
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 5:27 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Yep
    HaydensMommy007

Answer by HaydensMommy007 at 5:30 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Yes it is.

We made 80k and live in Cali not that long ago we easily were able to afford our child's insurance. So I am not understanding why they would have it for people at that income level. Under 40k makes more since. We need to make sure all the poor kids are covered. Middle income people need to live within their means so they can afford insurance for their kids.

Anonymous

• I hope it is.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 8:12 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Yes it is.

"Middle income people need to live within their means so they can afford insurance for their kids". I find this statement a little harsh and heartless esp, when you at one time were making 80k; that's what my dh would be luck to make in a little under 4yrs. Health insurance is not always as affordable as someone of means would think, I would love to find an affordable insurance plan - if you know of one that accepts pre-existing conditions and costs less than 250. a month, I'd love to hear about it.
    izyandchrismomi

Answer by izyandchrismomi at 12:40 AM on Jan. 26, 2009