Any mommies out there really worry about having a miscarriage??

i have had one very early one in the past and before that a healthy baby girl. im almost 8 weeks and extremely freaked out about it and then im worried cause i dont want to "worry" lol. i have seen the baby and the little heart beat which makes me feel so attatched. Anyone else feel this way or go through this and really worry about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I did with my son. I m/c'd in my early 20's due to not enough body fat (I was 5'8", 104 lbs and NOT anorexic or bullemic). Then shortly after I got pregnant my MIL had a hissy fit on my hubby because of her own neurosis and I started to cramp ... I told him if I m/c'd the baby then I would NEVER forgive her. Once I got out of the first trimester, I no longer worried about it and now have a very active 2 yo who is "disgustingly healthy" according to his pediatrician.

I would say it's pretty normal to worry if you've had a m/c in the past and you REALLY want this baby.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 4:35 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I worried alot with this one cause I had a threatened miscarriage at the begaining. But try not to worry to much cause you don't want to put that stress on baby. Good luck and just think posative.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 4:38 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• It is most certainly normal to worry...we had a mc first and then a healthy baby boy. My doctor told me that after you hear a heart beat that the rate for a mc actually drops drastically. I totally did not feel completely happy till after about 16 weeks. I hope you will know that your happiness and joy are healthy for you and your baby. But it is also normal to worry. I wish you the best, and try to focus on the positive!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:41 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I've had six mc's in the past so I know exactly how you feel. It's very normal to worry. All of my mc's were within 6 to 8 weeks so once I made it past that time I didn't worry as much but there was always some worry in the back of my mind. The best thing you can do is just try to relax the best you can and before you know it you'll be in the third trimester :) Congratulations and goodluck!!!
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 7:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2009