A day without Obama...

Okay, here I go again!! I am for Obama but for the love of God, is there anyone else who wishes this day by day report would end?! I understand that he is the POTUS, but it is getting old and we aren't even a week into his presidency. He is going to do what he is going to do and there will be those of us who are for his changes and others who are against them but can we please talk about another politician for a while? Clinton, Pelosi...anyone? It is not to deter anyone from bashing him or praising him it is just to keep my head from exploding. January 20th was a great day for some and a sad one for others just like the next 4-8 years. Can we please just give it a rest (especially the ?s that are repeated over and over again) at least for a few days?

micrespo

Asked by micrespo at 4:28 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• "I think the media will get bored with the 24/7 obsession after awhile."

I would like to believe that, if it weren't for the fact that I still see updates on Anna Nicole's daughter.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:37 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Let's talk about Michael Steele for RNC Chairman!

steeleforchairman.com

If the Rep. party had better representation we migh not would have lost so bad. Mike Duncan, who knows who he is? Nobody.

akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I think this needs to be directed at the media. NO ONE seems to be able to have a day without Obama unless they don't turn on the TV, not open a newspaper or any other media source. I don't care what he is doing as far as his personal life - kids, wife's wardrobe, what have you - I just want to see some results! The partying & celebration has been going on for months and now enough is enough. He's officially in office, so let's get to business and see what he can do!
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Okay, akin, I will fully admit that I do not know who he is as I do not follow the Republican party that closely. I will read the link and get back to you;)
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 4:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I think the media will get bored with the 24/7 obsession after awhile. It's natural for them to be completely obsessed right now, since the administration is new. They'll try something else when their ratings drop =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:39 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I think we're going to get a "play by play" accounting of the fabulous President Obama for AT LEAST the first 100 days he's in office...and of course, if/when along the way his plans implode on him and the country!

There are those of us who didn't vote for him, that are waiting with baited breath to see what all the hype was about. Waiting.....waiting....waiting.....

LOL!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Its the first 100 days so thats why. I can personally go atleast 100 days without hearing Obama.

Answer by gemgem at 4:44 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• That's funny, MIke Duncan is the head of the RNC and Nobody knew who he was because he is such a poor leader. How can the Rep. party accomplish anything with leadership like that? They can't, that's why we need new and known leadership. Michael Steele is running at the prodding of many and Thank God for it, we need him.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 4:51 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I think the first 100 days is interesting to watch. The reason for the day-by-day play is that everyone wants to see if Obama is going to keep his promises.

I mean, lets face it...the man was handed a crappy situation. The majority of the nation has faith that this man will make changes that will better the economy...and we're impatient. America is NOT going to give the man a chance to take his time with making things better, so he's definitely got to step up and step up fast.

I love Obama, and just hope he keeps his promises. He has a lot of work to do, and I'm glad to see that he's on the ball so far.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 5:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Peaches, CNN has an Obamameter with 500 noted promises on it and day by day they go through whichever is in the news that day and mark them off the Promise-o-meter. I would hate to be responsible for keeping that up to date but it was a great idea for whoever thunk it up at CNN.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 25, 2009