Any apartment managers? need some advice.

Ok, so we have lived in this apartment complex for over a year now. We pay our rent on time we have never had any violations or anything and are generally good tenants. We have these neighbors that make me soo crazy. They are so so so loud, it interferes with my sleep and I am worried about it waking up the baby I am about to have! Seriously their kids scream ALL DAY it seems like, for extreme amounts of time. Sometimes it literally sounds like an elephant stomping around in there, and they play their music and tv so loud I can tell you what song or show is on! I have complained many times to my complex, even called the police. I think part of the problem is we are on our fourth set of managers and are now owned by a new company. I guess what I am wondering is what to do? How do I handle this, what can my apartment managers do? What would you do if I came to you with this? I havent met the new managers yet- but I am FED UP!

SweetPea05

Asked by SweetPea05 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• I am not an apartment manager but I've lived in enough apartments to know... If I were you I would speak in PERSON with the new manager, be very polite and explain your problem... All managers have different policies when it comes to these things and they may or may not be willing to do anything for you. If they won't be proactive with the situation, you may want to ask them if they will consider letting you out of your lease early so you can find another (quieter) place to live. But remember - be very polite. People are much more willing to work with you if they like you.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 6:55 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I know.... part of the reason i posted was to get the ANGER out so I can be proactive and reasonable and not all angry- cuz at 36 weeks preggo i can be CRANKY!! I really hope they can do something for me or do something to make my neighbors be quiet i have tried everything! any other advice is sooo welcome!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 7:21 PM on Jan. 25, 2009