• In the Spotlight:

how do you know for sure its teeth??

1St1ontheWAY

Asked by 1St1ontheWAY at 2:14 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Take baby to doctor if your not sure. If they say baby is healthy, just wait and see what happens. If teeth come in, you'll know your baby's teething signs. My son drooled like crazy and bit on my finger a lot when he was teething. He would also get cranky and have a hard time sleeping through the night. I'd give him tylenol before bed for 2-3days and I'd rub that baby orajel on his gums during the day.Sorry if I spelled that wrong. It made a difference.
    callico

Answer by callico at 2:45 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• You can usually see or feel the teeth as they are about to break through.
    InkedVixen

Answer by InkedVixen at 5:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Usually babies drool alot and run a mild fever and are incredibly cranky when they're teething. Both of mine always ran a fever, got diarrhea and a diaper rash whenever they teethed, and their poop even had a different odor, can't explain it but it was always obvious they were teething.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Have a good look in their mouth, can you see any bumps, are their gums swollen or do their gums feel very hot.
    NMW

Answer by NMW at 12:42 PM on Jul. 21, 2008