Why is my baby having nightmares?

I have asked many questions here that have been very useful, my son who is now 1o months old was a very good sleeper when he was born, but ever since his father showed up months after the court had ordered the baby to spend time with him, but every time he got home it was the same, it was as if the baby was scared I could not even go to the kitchn without him freaking out and chasing me all the way there.
Finally it got so bad that he would wake up screaming "mama, mama!!" when I would go and get him his grip on my shirt was like a rock, now he has to go over every other weekend, and his behavior has gotten even worse than before, people say it will pass as soon as he gets used to the change, but for some reason I have this gut feeling that it has only just begun, my baby is a very friendly baby when it comes to strangers but he never got used to his father, he cried when he carried him for the first time i dont know what to.

hannah4460

Asked by hannah4460 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Something might be going on. Some sort of abuse?
    Anonymous

• he just be uneasy and want his mama. my DD wont let her father put her to sleep at night she screams until i take her and rock her and if i switch her and give her to him for any reason she just knows and freaks out.
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 5:26 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• i just stared work my lil one is almost 8months and she has been doinmg this too,they just have to get used to the new change in there lives/
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 6:30 PM on Jan. 25, 2009