Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Medical Certificates

I am going to get my CNA next month. I start classes Jan 31st. DH went to a class for displaced workers (he was just laid off) and they talked about stackable certificates. They said you start STNA/CNA, then get EKG certificate, one to draw blood and a few others. I would like to take a few additional ones in the summer if possible before I start my LPN and/or RN program in the fall.

If anyone knows what terms to google or how to locate a school for these types of classes. I am looking forward to going back to school just wish that I made the decision in my 20's instead of 30's.

Answer Question

Asked by partiesbyjan at 5:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 7 (207 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Check out vocational schools in your area. Also community colleges.

    Answer by CookieMom108 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

  • Yes, the vocational schools work this way. Also your local hospitals might have programs like this as well.

    Answer by pupmom at 8:56 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

  • Check out the adult schools a vocational school is two much money.I really dislike those those vocational schools they chare to much and end up getting a carreer that pays $8.00 to $twelve hours com'n .It is a rip off.They charge you $20,000.00 dollars when you can go to the adult school for free, if you qualify for low income.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Money & Work
Online surverys?