Do you have any advice? (wedding invites)

I'm making my sister's wedding invitations. I've been a stamper/scrapbooker for a long time now so this isn't anything too hard for me. I was wondering if anyone else had made large event invitations before and if you did, what advice you have for me.

I'm making the invite, response cards, and wedding party programs. I might be making the thank-you's too.

Would you think it would be tacky to have my name stamped on the back so people knew who made them? I have a rubber stamp that reads "Handmade by Renee" and also one made for a small business my friend and I have together. (She might be helping me too).

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 5:02 PM on Jan. 25, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• also, i have a custom stamp with my co. logo, etc, that i stamped on the back of my invites, its not tacky, its good business sense... its how i started my little home bus... people saw the back of my invites and asked me if i could make theirs.. mine also had a celery ribbon tied around the top they were very cute, i wish i had one to show you..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 5:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I would stamp the back
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 5:42 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I think it's a little tacky if it's your gift to her, not tacky if you're doing it for a fee.

If someone wants to know who made them, they will ask.

That being said - good luck and good scrapping!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 5:56 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I see nothing wrong with marking what you make. how else are you gonna get business? If you're doing it for free, at least use it as an advertising point :)
    Anonymous

• Well, Hallmark doesn't hesitate to stamp the back----with a barcode no less, so even if it is a gift think of it this way- if you gave them to her from a card company they would still be marked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Jan. 26, 2009

• When I handstamp anything that I make I use a stamp that says it's specially made for a special person...(I got mine at Michael's). I also used my cutter and perforated the card stock so that the RSVP just needed to be pulled off and mailed back post card size.

Anything handmade is always the best way to go, it speaks volumes as far as personalized.
    Tcmzcampbell

Answer by Tcmzcampbell at 8:00 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• i made my own save the date cards, invitations, thank you cards, rsvp cards, etc, i had to make 100 of each so i went to my scrapbook store and bought 200 sheets of ivory and 200 sheets of celery... bought my theme stamp, which was two hearts intertwined... i pre cut all my paper, then made out my templates, and went from there... i also have start my own invitation business.. half of my paper was for the invitations, then i quarted the rsvp.. at least for the people that were out of town, i had the lodging info etc or if you are having a meal and there is choices, put that all on there etc.. andthen the other quarter was for my thank you notes that i embossed..if you have any more ??? msg me..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 4:59 PM on Jan. 27, 2009